Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Those Who Can't Wed, Plan - Or So I Thought

I thought Jennifer Lopez was onto something 3 1/2 years ago when I saw her in the movie "The Wedding Planner." That's when I started my wedding planning career with not a boyfriend (much less a date) in sight. Now, almost four years later, I have a wonderful fiance and I'm so excited to begin our lives together. How difficult could planning a wedding be? I mean, I do this for a living people.

OMG. Working full-time and planning my own wedding as well!? Not to mention family obligations, spending time with friends and my fiance...or even time for myself! The days of watching "Friends" reruns and meeting my girlfriends for a drink is gone. Poof. How do brides do this without a wedding consultant?

I have so much fun helping couples plan their dream day. I can easily coordinate logistics and envision the atmosphere to make their day as close to perfect as possible. But nooooo, when it comes to my own wedding, I can't make a single darn decision. "What about silver shoes for the bridesmaids? Wait, do people even OWN silver shoes anymore? Gold is the new silver. No, you may not add straps to your bridesmaid dress...black dresses? In my spring wedding? Girl, you crazy." OMG. I am turning into a BRIDEZILLA. When did this happen!? SOMEONE GET ME A BEN AND JERRY'S!!!

Now I truly understand why people use our services so much. Let us be the bridezillas. You just enjoy your rock and looking pretty. We'll take care of the rest.

0 comments:

 
Design by April Showers