Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Long Distance Love

I love it when my friends get married, but it makes me sad when I can't be there...hazard of the job I guess. SO, what's a girl to do? Make one of her best friends dress, I guess!

I have been friends with Angela since 1993 or 1994. We met when we worked at a music store together. Being the only two girls, we became fast friends.  She moved away, I moved away, but our friendship remained. She is just the type of person that you can just pick up where you left off.

Watching her through her dating "process" with this new guy named Bob was really interesting. This guy was different and she was different too. She was 100% truly happy! They found each other through Facebook, met on the weekends, which turned into a proposal and then a wedding...my favorite! When Angela asked me to be a bridesmaid, I of course said YES! But then the date changed and I already had a wedding I was planning for a client I adored. I tried to figure out a way that I could be there to share in their day, but it just didn't work out. I know one of my favorite parts of planning the wedding is dress shopping, but instead I got to go fabric shopping with her. I was honored to design and make Angela's wedding dress for her.

Angela and Bob share many many interests, but being environmentally conscience is a passion they share. I think it just comes second nature to her. After her wedding was over, she finally got to sit back and ponder the details...which turned out were very green choices.  Because of that, she had her wedding featured on www.greenbrideguide.com.

You can check out all of her "green" details at http://www.greenbrideguide.com/realgreenweddings/long-distance-love
Mr. and Mrs!

0 comments:

 
Design by April Showers